Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy in support of EDR’s revenue expectations and enhancing EDR’s brand. The Marketing Director will also be responsible for evolving the EDR brand and incorporating acquired brands
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the company objectives of sales, growth, profitability and visibility, while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position consistent with EDR’s strategic vision.
Direct Reports: Yes
Status: FT / Exempt
Travel: As needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the creation and execution of strategic traditional and digital marketing initiatives aimed at promoting EDR’s products, events and brand and talent across all markets
• Work with the Product team, Marketing Managers, and Sales to develop unique value propositions in each of EDR’s targeted vertical segments
• Lead EDR’s social media initiatives, including strategy creation and execution in each EDR vertical market
• Lead sales lead generation strategy in all markets through strategic content creation, marketing automation, email/direct mail, advertising, events and social media.
• Work with marketing team members to create proper metrics to measure the effectiveness of all marketing programs
• Conduct and analyze competitive market research
• Identify and employ best practices and new trends in the marketing space
• Lead annual marketing budgeting process and be responsible for P & L
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed above are the only duties the employee is required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as dictated by their supervisors. This description is a general listing of the required activity, tasks and expectations of the position. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule. Responsibilities occasionally may require overtime, holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
The employee will regularly be required to talk, hear, walk, use hands, kneel, crouch and lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
- 7+ years' experience leading marketing and communication teams, strategy and tactics for B2B companies
- An MBA and specific knowledge of the environmental due diligence and information industry is preferred
- Must have a track record of driving revenue growth, launching new products and strengthening brands through the use of both traditional and digital marketing requirements
- The Marketing Director should have outstanding writing skills
- Management experience is a must—sales management experience is a plus
- Must be comfortable with a high growth/small company dynamic of rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to get things done, must be extremely resourceful, highly creative and highly energetic